The miraculous act of breathing is a wonderful way to connect with Reiki. Most people go about their day without giving much thought to their breathing. Physical and mental stress can cause you to take shallow breaths, or to breathe too rapidly. This can result in the disruption of the oxygen/carbon dioxide ratio and can cause symptoms such as lightheadedness, fatigue or anxiety. It can also leave you with an overall feeling that something isn’t right.
What is Reiki Breathing and How will it Help you Heal?
Placing your attention on your breathing while focusing on Reiki is what I call “Reiki Breathing”. Consciously slowing your breathing will lower your heart rate, lower your blood pressure and improve immune function. The addition of your Reiki symbols, if you have them, will add an extra element of healing to your deep breathing exercises.
This Reiki breathing technique will calm your thoughts, fill your lungs with life-giving oxygen, and help you find stillness.
Reiki Breathing Technique
- Start by taking a few deep breaths.
- Begin to notice the air coming in through your nostrils. Does it feel cool?
- Notice the air leaving your body. Is it warm?
- If you have the Reiki symbols, imagine breathing in one symbol at a time.
- Silently repeat the mantra “Let the healing begin here”.
- Feel the rise and fall of your chest and or belly with each breath.
- Imagine the air you take in as a pure white healing light.
- Imagine that, as you exhale, you are releasing any disease or tension.
- Place your hand on your heart, or a finger on your pulse. Can you feel or sense your heartbeat becoming slow and steady?
Finally, return to your normal rate of breathing. Thank your body for automatically breathing for you 24 hours a day. Set an intention that every inhalation continues to be a beautiful healing light, and that every exhalation continues to cleanse and release anything your body does not need.
You can do this Reiki breathing technique every day. It only takes a few minutes to feel the relaxing and healing results.